MAFOBA is a non-profit association (NGO) initiated in 2015 by Burundian girls and women and approved by the Ministry of the Interior, patriotic training and communal development by ministerial order
MAFOBA is a Non-governmental organization (NGO) that works for the promotion of socioeconomic rights, peace, leadership, integration, socio-economic reintegration and social cohesion of essentially rural communities. Our target group is particularly women and girls in rural areas, victims of social inequalities and sexual and gender-based violence (VSBG).
MAFOBA is structured in the following manner :
1. A General Assembly (GA),
2. A Supervisory Committee (SC),
3. A Board of Directors (CA) and an executive Secretariat
The board is made up of six members
- A Chairperson,
- a vice-president,
- a financial adviser (Treasurer),
- a gender adviser,
- a campaign mobilization expert
- and the Executive Secretary, sitting without
- voice Deliberative.